Tex-Mex Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (optional: add gluten free chicken bouillon to cooking rice)
- 16 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper whole (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dry basil
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 dashes of all purpose seasoning
- 1 cup gluten free chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 lb. ground beef
-Use large pot. Put in can of chopped tomatoes (or used diced and chop them with scissors in pan to make smaller) and tomato sauce. Add all seasonings, with additional seasonings to taste. Add whole jalapeno. Add one cup of chicken broth (I use one cup water and 1tsp of Better than Bouillon). Add rice. Cook on medium, constantly stirring, or it will burn on bottom of pan.
-After precooking onions, peppers, and ground beef add to pot of cooking rice mixture.
-Cook rice mixture until liquid is mostly absorbed, may take 20 min.
*Optional: Top with sprinkled Parmesan cheese. Best served with gluten free toast and a light salad.